Your favorite recipe follows:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Lightly butter a 9 x 5 - inch loaf pan and dust its sides with all-purpose flour. Tap out any excess flour.
- In a bowl, sift together flour and baking powder.
- For best results the butter and eggs should be at room temperature. So take them out of the fridge well in advance before you start the process.
- In a mixing bowl , cream butter with an electric mixer at medium speed until softened for about a minute. Gradually add sugar, increase mixer speed to medium-high and continue to beat until the mixture is lightened, about 3 minutes. To ensure uniform mixing, scrap down the sides of the bowl after every minute or so while blending the ingredients.
- Stir in the vanilla and the lemon zest.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Slowly add the sifted flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour into the pan and tap gently.
- Bake 65-75 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes and then unmold the cake. Invert onto a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
Feedback: Pound Cake