Your favorite recipe follows:
- 4 eggs
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 garlic flakes
- 1" piece of ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chillie powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped coriander leaves
- Hard boil eggs. Cool, peel them and cut into halves.
- Chop onion, tomato, ginger and garlic roughly.
- Heat oil in a pan, put chopped ginger and garlic, when slightly brown add onion and saute till they wilt. Add red chillie powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and garam masala. Now add chopped tomatoes and cook till they become pulpy.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature. Grind it in a blender to a smooth paste.
- In a pan, heat butter and swirl it quickly so it doesn't burn.
- Quickly add cloves abd bay leaves followed by the ground masala paste.
- Pour one cup boiled water and salt.
- When the mixture comes to a boil, put the boiled egg halves into the pan.
- Allow it to boil for 7 minutes.
- Serving hot with rice, chapati or nan.
- Garnish the curry with kasoori methi. Hold about half a teaspoon of kasoori methi in
- your hands. Crush it with both palms facing each other and sprinkle on the curry.
- For a party presentation pour a swirl of heavy cream in the center of the serving bowl of egg curry.
- Boiling eggs: Place eggs in a saucepan with enough tap water to cover them completely. Bring to a rolling boil on medium high heat. heat, gently as water begins to boil for a couple of minutes. Cover, and remove from heat. Let stand about 5 minutes. Place eggs in a bowl of icecold water to chill promptly to help yolks stay bright yellow. Chill for a few minutes in the cold water until the egg is completely cooled. This is an extremely important step which prevents the greenishing from forming on the surface of the yolk over time. If the egg is not chilled immediately after cooking an unsightly dark greenish ring will eventually appear on the outside of the yolk.
Feedback: Egg curry