Kadhi with Soya nuggets
Your favorite recipe follows:
- 3 cups yogurt(curd)
- 1/2 cup gram flour (besan)
- 1/2 cup soyabean nuggets (nutrinuggets)
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 dried red chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds (rai)
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (methi dana)
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder (lal mirch)
- a pinch asafoetida powder (hing)
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- Whisk together yogurt and gramflour.
- Heat cooking oil in a wide pan or wok (kadai) on medium-high flame
- Throw in the dried red chillies, cumin, fennel, mustard, fenugreek seeds.
- When they splutter, add the chopped ginger and garlic.
- Fry till lightly browned. Add the onions.
- Sprinkle in salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder when the onions are golden brown.
- Pour in 5 cups of water , stir well and pour in the whisked gramflour-yogurt mixture.
- Reduce the flame when the mixture comes to a roaring boil.
- Add the dry soyabean nuggets and stir.
- Cook for about an hour on medium flame while stirring frequently. It will become thick and its color will darken. Taste to check whether it is cooked completely. The kadhi is done when the raw taste of gramflour is gone.
Feedback: Kadhi with Soya nuggets