Your favorite recipe follows:
- 12 slices of bread (wheat or white)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon finely chooped spring onion, tender green stem only
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper powder
- Combine all ingredients except bread slices.
- Trim crusts of all slices.
- Press each slice lightly with a rolling pin on a work surface.
- Smear water on the edge of each slice place edge of another slice on it and roll again.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture on the rolled out long slice.
- Gently roll from the edge as tightly as possible.
- Continue the process with other slices and wrap them individually in plastic wrap or aluminium foil.
- Place the rolls in the fridge for an hour.
- Take out, unwrap and slice.
- If the slices are not pliable, place them in microwave on high for 10 seconds or for a few seconds hold each slice over boiling water.
- If you can get an unsliced loaf of bread, cut in into long rectangular pieces and proceed as above from step 5. Don't use the crust though.
- If the slices tend to break during rolling, just dab a little water on the crack and continue rolling.
Feedback: Pinwheel Sandwich